Code of Ethics
- Article I. General Provisions
- Article II. Responsibility and Publication of Contributions
- Article III. Review Procedure
- Article IV. Declaration of Accession to Codes and Principles of Publication Ethics of the Committee on Publication Ethics
- Article V. Independence and Impartiality
- Article VI. Determining Law
Article I. General Provisions
International scientific online journal SOCIETAS ET IURISPRUDENTIA (hereinafter only “journal”) is published by the Faculty of Law at Trnava University in Trnava, and it thematically focuses mainly on social relevant interdisciplinary relations on the issues of public law and private law at the national, transnational and international levels. The journal’s editorial office resides in premises of the Faculty of Law in Kollárova Street No. 10 in Trnava, Slovakia.
The journal has the nature of a scientific peer-reviewed journal, which is issued in an electronic on-line version regularly four times a year on the official website of the journal http://sei.iuridica.truni.sk/international-scientific-journal/. Publication of the contribution texts will be provided exclusively in the bilingual Slovak-English standardized letterhead template of the journal, synchronously in the form of complete versions of individual journal numbers as well as in the form of single authors’ contributions. Publication process follows in corresponding sections on the journal’s official website.
The journal provides a stimulating and inspirational platform for communication both on the professional level and the level of the civic society, as well as for scientific and society-wide beneficial solutions to current issues mainly in the areas of public law and private law.
The website of the journal offers the reading public contributions in the common graphical user interface as well as in the blind-friendly interface, both parallel in the Slovak and the English languages. In all those languages the journal’s editorial office provides also feedback communication.
Article II. Responsibility and Publication of Contributions
The journal accepts and publishes exclusively only original, hitherto unpublished contributions written as the own work by authors those are submitting the contributions for publication in the journal. Contributors are scientifically or pedagogically engaged in areas corresponding with the main orientation of the journal and they have completed adequate academic qualification, at least the second degree of academic education.
In accordance with the foregoing provision shall be automatically with the adequate justification rejected contributions those have been provably already published as well as contributions those constitute the merits of plagiarism or of unauthorized, respectively illegal interference with the copyright under the protection of the Copyright Act in force.
Information for authors published on the journal’s website is binding. Favouring the English language in contributions is welcome.
Responsibility for compliance with all prerequisites and requirements laid on contributions published in the journal have special supervisors within the journal’s editorial board responsible for specific interdisciplinary sections in relation to the scientific aspects of contributions, editor in chief in relation to the formal aspects of contributions and executive editor in relation to the application of methodological, analytical and statistical questions in contributions.
Publication of contributions in the journal is realized exclusively without any contributor’s claim for author's fee (royalty). Submission of contributions for publication understands the editorial office of the journal as a manifestation of the will of the authors, through which the authors all at once knowingly and voluntarily:
- express their own agreement with publication of submitted contribution in the journal;
- declare that the contribution presents their original, hitherto unpublished work;
- declare their own agreement with specifying their workplace and contact e-mail address in the section “Authors’ Contact List”.
Article III. Review Procedure
Reviewing the contributions for publication in the journal follows with a mutually anonymous (double-blind) review procedure realized independently and impartially by members of journal’s editorial board and in well-founded cases also by recognized experts working in corresponding areas.
Report on results of the review procedure is made and archived on standardized forms.
Comprehensive information on results of the review procedure, together with guidance on how to proceed with submitted contributions, will contribution’s submitters receive through an e-mail answer immediately after receiving the reviewers’ written opinions by the journal’s editorial office and final judging the results of the review procedure by the editorial board.
Contributions will be with adequate written justification automatically rejected in cases, if:
- the contributor hasn’t provably completed the entire university education, i.e. the academic qualification of the second degree;
- contribution provably doesn’t comply with the minimum standards and standard criteria of scientific ethics, which are imposed and generally respected by the scientific public and scientific community in relation to contributions of the given category (studies, essays, reviews on publications, information or reports), whether in terms of extent, content, methodological assumptions, applied methodology and similarly, or in terms of a proper, complete and scientifically correct indicating all the bibliographic references according to current bibliographic standards (ISO 690).
Article IV. Declaration of Accession to Codes and Principles of Publication Ethics of the Committee on Publication Ethics
The journal fully exercises and observes codes and principles of publication ethics of the Committee on Publication Ethics COPE published on the website of the Committee on Publication Ethics https://publicationethics.org/. Listed principles and guidelines of publication ethics are binding for contributors, journal’s editorial board, journal’s editors and editorial office, contribution reviewers as well as journal’s publisher.
Article V. Independence and Impartiality
The journal is an independent and impartial international scientific online journal.
Article VI. Determining Law
The journal and all the related legal facts and legal actions are governed by the law of the Slovak Republic.